Monday 10 October 2011

National Novel Writing Month here we come!

After discovering that the world doesn't stopped turning if I don't blog for a fair few days I have decided to set myself an even greater challenge than blogging regularly - I am joining in with National Novel Writing Month - 50,000 words to be written between 1st and 30th of November. I wrote a childrens book about 5 years ago and actually sent it off to an agent - and received a lovely rejection later saying that it was "didn't fit in with their list" but that it was being returned "so i could have the earliest opportunity to find the right publisher" - I thought this was an outright discouragement but on discovering the letter in a box of old letters in the attic I think perhaps it was a more encouraging response than I interpreted at the time. Anyway this novel won't be a children's story - I have a few ideas percolating in my head so we shall see what appears and whether I reach the finishing post.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I'd not heard of that but I'll pass it on to Mummy because I'm sure she'd be up for that. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete