Makes 12 muffins - we weren't too sure about redcurrant muffins but they were duly declared delicious!
- 60g unsalted butter
- 175g plain white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 120ml milk
- 125g fresh redcurrants
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt butter
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and all the sugar apart from 2 tbsp - save this to sprinkle over top before cooking
- Beat egg and whisk in milk and melted butter. Add to flour mixture; stir then fold in redcurrants
- Fill muffin cases, filling each slightly more than half full. Sprinkle reserved sugar over batter in each cup.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and a wooden skewer or knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.